Thursday, January 31, 2008

Emma



My name is Heather and I am Emma's mom. Let me start by thanking you both sooo much for the very obvious love and caring you gave Emma while she was in your care. Shs is AMAZING!!!!! Due greatly in part to the first mommies she knew I am sure.
We had a long ride home to Vermont after a 4 hour car ride from Deerfield where we met. After seconds of eye contact while she was unloaded we were hooked. There was a connection so strong that I can't put it into words. I had that connection once before with my former soulmate Max (he passed away over 10 years ago)...it was amazing to feel that with another dog. Max was a shepherd mix as well.
Emma was so well behaved on the car ride home, I had taken the back seat out of my Jeep Wrangler and set her up with a small crate (that she opted not to use) and several new fluffy pink blankets and a new pillow and some new chew toys. After several attempts at sitting in the passenger seat (yes, I agree a VERY strong will) she settled in nicely for the trip. We stopped often for water and Iams large breed puppy food (thanks to Megan for the tip!)...and of course bathroom romps in the snow. She LOVES the snow!!! So happy to see that because I enjoy snowshoeing, hiking and being outside....so she will most definitely be accompanying me on many adventures. My best friend lives on Lake Champlain, and we canoe and camp alot....she has a 2 year black Lab named Elli....the two will be meeting for the first time Wednesday. I will send pictures as I take them!

No comments: